This moment at this time with this child
At Campus Preschool …
- We believe children begin to understand themselves through child-directed, open-ended play and that by providing loosely-structured exploration children are given the time and space to discover and pursue their interests.
- We believe the most important aspect of preschool is developing and honing social skills and learning how to vocalize their needs to peers and adults alike.
- We believe that children should be respected and heard.
- We do not believe in punitive discipline but instead in patiently building trust by being present and mindful during interactions with each child — meeting each child where they are both physically and emotionally.
- We believe each child should leave Campus with the confidence and tools to thrive in their school journey.
- We believe in developing a sense of community by helping children understand that each of their classmates has something valuable to offer.
- We believe education is cooperative and that having parents in our classrooms daily demonstrates to children that their families are invested, along with their teachers, in their learning.
- We believe preschool is a chance for children to learn how to trust adults outside of their family structure.
- We believe in empowering parents to become lifelong advocates for their child and for their child’s education.
- We believe in gently transitioning children into the school environment by welcoming parents to stay each day for as long as their child needs.
- We do not force children to share. We believe in taking turns.
- We believe in complete inclusivity and embrace diversity. We support all types of family structures and are cognizant of the varying needs of each child in our school.
1531 – 21 Avenue NW
Calgary AB T2M 1L9
MON – FRI
9:00am to 11:30 am